Who Likes Me

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Loss of a Friend

For a "Blogger" you go through your day thinking about what your next blog is going to be about, and you come to a point were you are sure nothing interesting or important will happen to you today that is worth writing about.

Then you get a phone call.

A phone call that changes your whole mood for the day. You find out that a friend has died.

Today August 2, 2011 we lost a dear friend. For those of you who read my blog and know me you know who I am talking about, for all you others let me tell you about this friend.

To be honest, I didn't really know him all that well. He was a mutual friend of a group of friends. See I have this group of friends that I have grown close to over the years. They were all met through a series of events and sort of like a snowball rolling down the hill the more events we attended the more friends became a part of this group.

We get together every month to play Dungeons and Dragons and do House Parties. The kids are all friends and the adults are close. We've done things with just the girls and we've done things with just the guys. We gone to the Renaissance Festival and we watched the Super Bowl Together.

Friends that are very dear are friends that you keep close to your heart. This group will always be close to my heart.

So, today when the call came you can imagine we were shocked. I don't have the details, it is assumed that he died at home and was found by his roommate who is also apart of this friendship circle. We know he was ill with several things, at this point I couldn't tell you the cause of death, but I can tell you he would have been only 40 years old this October. One year older than I.

I remember when I first met him, it was at a party. What I remember the most was this great smile he had and this wonderful sense of humor. He also gave the best hugs. Talking to him was amazing, he had a witty intellect and you just enjoyed being in his presence.

We know he loved strongly, yet was single.

I have several fond memories of him, one that is in the forefort was walking with him at the Renaissance Festival while he was pushing the daughter of one of our friends in her stroller. We were all dressed up in our costumes and here he was this bear of a man pushing a little girl in a stroller, it was so cute.

He was gentle, I remember that too.

I feel that he had a great capacity for love, you can tell that about a person in how they treat others. He treated others as if they were the only other person on earth and that he had their undivided attention. It made you feel good knowing that he paid that much attention. That is what I got from him.

I hadn't known him for long, and he had moved away and then came back and we were starting to get to know each other a little better. In fact, was looking forward to seeing him again next week.

What hurts me is that the next time our group gets together will be to remember our dear departed friend.

I dedicate this blog to you B.K. you were loved and cherished by all who know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me...