Who Likes Me

Sunday, July 24, 2011

California Adventure: Day 2

It is 10:16pm July 24th, and Day 2 of my California Adventure.

Today was awesome! Got up, lazed around for a while, wrote my blog, felt completely rested. My friend made this delicious breakfast. Huevo Ranchero....(Egg, beans, cheese, salsa, on a tostada shell)...Yummmy!!!!!!!

Then my friends and I talked and talked. We had the best conversation. I found out that we all share very common ideas about the government, education, health and fitness. It was so nice to talk to someone who is so open minded about stuff. It felt good to have an intellectual conversation where all parties felt respected and their ideologies accepted without question or judgement. I learned a lot about things that I was afraid to ask about, and I have come to a new respect in things I have been taught my whole life to fear.

See, fear is a killer, and people think that fear is manifested by some tragic event, but fear comes in all shapes and sizes. My fear is being judged. I don't do things because I am afraid of what others will think of me. I am afraid to explore myself and who I am because I am afraid that others will not understand or will not accept changes that I need to make in my life.

The changes have to come, and people will just have to accept those changes and either choose to live with them and enjoy life or not accept the changes and be miserable.

I need the openness of life. I have been trapped in a gilded cage for way too long, it is time to break free, and it is time to live.

After a conversation in self discovering we went to Oak Glen, CA which is about 10 mins up the mountain from my friend's home. We stopped to look at this gorgeous house! Wow! I want it...it was so beautiful! Every window had a gorgeous view! But, alas dreams are a wish your heart makes.......oh the heck with it! LOL...

We went up to Oak Glen, CA and looked at some of the cute shops. Then went to the outlet stores and then decided we were tired, hit the grocery store bought some yummy food and headed back to my friend's home.

The night just progressed so pleasantly. We ate, talked. Life is Good...

It is rare to find friends like this. We have many different types of friends in life. Some are just acquaintances, some are there when you need them, and then there are some that are on a completely different level and it is those friends that inspire you. A person does not have many of these type of friends...one maybe two if they are lucky.

I challenge you all to find that friend. It is that friend you can be YOU with. It is that friend who lets you make mistakes and laughs when you do. It is that friend who you feel so connected with that the feelings you have for them are so much deeper then the the everyday friends we have in our lives.

I'm blessed, I have this type of friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me...